Transitioning to SUSE Linux Enterprise 15
This course is designed to introduce the new features, functionality and procedures for administering SUSE Linux Enterprise 15.
Attendees will learn how SLE 15 differs from previous versions of SUSE Linux Enterprise, and how those changes will affect the way it is deployed and used.
This course helps prepare students for the SLES 12 to 15 Certification Update exam.
Delivery Method: Classroom or Virtual Classroom
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Level: Beginner
Cost: 500.00 USD (including all local taxes in the jurisdiction of Hong Kong) or 5 SUSE Training Credits
Attendees will be taught introduced to the following changes to SLE 15:
- Installation and AutoYaST changes
- Infrastructure changes including chrony and firewalld
- Core changes to the Linux kernel, OpenSSL and libstorage
- Changes for developers: SDK, GCC7 and scripting languages
- Additional changes to the OS
- Upgrading to SLE 15 from previous versions
This course is designed for SUSE Linux Enterprise administrators who have worked with previous versions, the main focus being the transition from SLE 12 to SLE 15.
- Introduction to SLE 15
- Evolution of Operating Systems
- Unified Installer
- Package Handling
- Installation Changes
- Unified Installer
- Extensions and Modules
- Infrastructure Changes
- Core Changes
- Linux Kernel 4.12
- openSSL 1.1
- YaST Partitioner
- Changes for Developers
- Scripting Language Versions
- Additional Changes
- Repository Management Tool (RMT)
- Miscellaneous Changes
- Upgrade Paths and Methods
- Available Upgrade Paths
- SLE 15 Product Life Cycle
- Preparing for an Upgrade
This course is designed for students with previous SUSE Linux Enterprise Server experience equivalent to SLE201 SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 12 Administration , although intermediate experience with any Linux distribution will be sufficient.
Register now for Course SLE200
For company internal courses with 3 or more students please send a quote request: