SUSE Manager 3.1 Administration
This course prepares attendees to install SUSE Manager 3.1, configure the SUSE Manager 3.1 server in their environment, register their existing or new servers to SUSE Manager, use Salt configuration management, search for CVE vulnerabilities, patch servers, use Subscription Matching, add Organizations and use the SUSE Manager Proxy Server.
SUSE Manager 3.x adds support for Salt based configuration management and a range of updates and improvements from the 2.1 release.
Delivery Method: Classroom or Virtual Classroom
Course Duration: 3 days
Course Level: Beginner
During this course you will learn:
- Install and Configure SUSE Manager
- Users and System Group Management
- Channel Management
- Create and Configure Activation Keys
- Register Salt Minions
- Salt Fundamentals
- Apply Salt States
- Run a CVE audit and Patch Systems
- Subscription Matching
- Unattended System Deployment
- Expanding SUSE Manager with Organizations
- Install and Configure SUSE Manager Proxy
This course is suitable for customers who are either deploying or considering deploying a SUSE Manager 3.1 solution, SUSE Partners and consultants who require to learn about the features and functions of SUSE Manager 3.1.
- Section 1: Introduction and Features Overview
- Section 2: Architecture and Components
- Section 3: Installation and Initial Configuration
- Section 4: Users, Group, Role and Organization Configuration
- Section 5: Software Channel Management
- Section 6 System Registration
- Section 7: CVE and Patching
- Section 8: Salt Overview
- Section 9: System Management using Salt States
- Section 10: Subscription Matching
- Section 11: System Deployment
- Section 12: Organizations
- Section 12: Deploying the SUSE Manager 3.1 Proxy
Attendees should have a good knowledge of Linux administration to the SUSE Certified Linux Administrator 12 level.
An understanding of systems management processes such as ITIL is useful but not essential.
Register now for Course SMGR201
Right now there is no schedule for this training. Please get in touch with us to get your training appointment.