SUSE CaaS Platform Advanced Administration
This one day course is designed for system administrators, support engineers, DevOps, and others who want to be able to get more out of the SUSE CaaS Platform Installations.
Participants begin with an introduction to troubleshooting and centralized logging, then advanced networking with Cilium, monitoring with Prometheus and Grafana, backup and recovery with Velero, and finally writing pod security policies.
Delivery Method: Classroom or Virtual Classroom
Course Duration: 1 day
Course Level: Intermediate
- Set up centralized logging in an existing cluster
- Review and interpret Kubernetes system logs from multiple sources
- Understand and write Cilium network policies
- Understand pod security policies
- Writing a pod security policy
- Deploy and use Prometheus and Grafana
- Understand Velero backups and restores
- Backup and restore projects in namespaces
- Backup and restore an entire Kubernetes cluster
- Understand the role the etcd plays in the cluster
- Backup and restore etcd in the case of a backplane failure
- Restore a failed worker node
- Restore a failed master node
System Administrators, DevOps Engineers, and Support Engineers who need to know more advanced topics related to SUSE CaaS Platform.
- Section 1: Course Overview
- Section 2: Centralized logging and troubleshooting
- Set up centralized logging
- Review system logs
- Analyze Kubernetes Logs
- Section 3: Advanced Networking
- Read and write Cilium network policies
- Read and write Pod security policies
- Section 4: Monitoring
- Deploy and understand Prometheus
- Deploy and understand Grafana
- Section 5: Backup and Recovery
- Skuba Directory Backup
- Using Velero for backups and recovery
- Etcd Backup and recovery
- Recovery from node failure
Some experience with SUSE CaaS Platform or another Kubernetes distribution, intermediate to advanced Linux command line skills. SUSE Certified Administrator (SCA) in Enterprise Linux or SUSE Certified Linux Engineer (SCE) in Enterprise Linux certification or level of experience recommended.
Register now for Course CAAS301v4.5
Right now there is no schedule for this training. Please get in touch with us to get your training appointment.